Wednesday, June 24, 2015

What's helped me

I was 345LBs eating family-sized roasts & drinking a case of Dew a day. Had to make serious changes, but I couldn't do it all at once.

Plus, my daughter is turning 13 this Saturday. We both need to know how to make healthier choices. We've started making 1 simple change a month. I went from drinking my beloved Pepsi & Mountain Dew to diet sodas with no sugar, calories, or caffeine. Now I'm drinking carbonated flavored water. Next month, month I'll start with noncarbonated flavored water. My daughter stopped drinking juice & soda and drinks water with flavor packets.

We have our "Meatless Mondays". We used to eat spaghetti. Now we eat it using spaghetti squash. We also have salad with almonds.

On "Taco Tuesdays", we stopped using ground beef & started using ground turkey. Now use half ground turkey, half fat free refried beans. Instead of shredded cheese and sour cream, we use cottage cheese.

We also have "Turkey Thursdays" and "Fishy Fridays".

On our "Sleep-over Saturdays", I enjoy my reward day (within reason). Chloe loves it when I make "McMommy's" (healthier version of fast food). I make oven fries, oven-fried chicken, homemade nuggets, turkey burgers, etc. My reward is steak. When I worked for a butcher, I learned a steak is just a slice of a roast. So I started buying lean roasts and making my own steaks.

Since Doc wants me to stay off my feet, I can't exercise. So, I have to focus on other ways to lose this weight.

Just take it slow, 1 day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment