Monday, September 10, 2012

question answered

For a long time now, I've been doing everything right (i.e. eating healthier, moving more) except for one thing. I haven't been sleeping well. Sleeping on the floor doesn't help (no bed), but I've been dealing with apnea for years. Last night, I went in for a follow up. It's not as bad as it used to be, but it's still bad. The tech said it affects my metabolism and energy. That explains a lot. I haven't used my machine in the past, because I had such a small airway (when I laid down, it closed up). There's no use in pushing air in, if there's no where for it to go. The surgery I had in May, has helped. I was on the machine for a while in the hospital last night, and we found a mask that I felt comfortable with. Once the doctor orders everything for me, I should be sleeping better and well on my way to a healthier me.

No comments:

Post a Comment