Saturday, December 1, 2012

SO BLESSED

13 years ago, I loved playing basketball and wanted to go into the Navy. While doing PT in the ROTC program of the school I was attending, I snapped my knee out of place. The school's medical department said I wasn't allowed to do any physical activities and had me keep my leg up for a few months. That has snowballed into the weight and health problems I'm now dealing with today. My knee problems started the weight problem, then my weight made the knee worse, now the knee pain makes it harder to lose weight. It's a vicious circle.

Since then, I've developed Hypothyroidism and Sleep Apnea. The surgery I had in May proven to help some in letting me breathe while sleeping. Sleeping on just a mattress on the floor adds to the pain in my body in general. I still need to sleep sitting in order to breathe properly. No matter how much I prop up the pillows or position myself, I get horrible pain in my body (especially in my knee).

Yesterday, I got a new pillow. I don't know if that's what did it, but I am not in ANY PAIN TODAY! THANK YOU, JESUS!

I haven't told Chloe yet. She's so used to me wanting just to sit around the house on weekends. But right after lunch, we're going to put on our coats and go play at the park. I'm feeling that good.

No comments:

Post a Comment