Sunday, July 20, 2014

Sunday Dinner

tonight's dinner: oven friend chicken (210 calories), mashed potatoes (110 calories), and corn (70 calories)  tonight's dessert: peaches (60 calories)

I've never been able to stick to a "diet", so I've been searching for recipes to help me make healthier versions of Chloe's and my favorite foods. This way, it doesn't feel like I'm changing anything. Although, I have been feeling better lately. Chloe (my 12yo) says it's better thank KFC.

Easy Oven-Fried Chicken Recipe

Ingredients

Serves: 8
1/3 cup flour
4 teaspoons bread seasoning
3 pounds bone-in chicken parts
1/4 cup milk  

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Mix flour and Seasoning in shallow dish. Moisten chicken with milk. Coat evenly with flour mixture.
  2. Place chicken, skin-side down, in single layer on foil-lined 15x10x1-inch baking pan sprayed with no stick cooking spray.
  3. Bake 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through, turning halfway through cooking.

Nutritional information

(amount per serving)
Calories: 210
Sodium: 283mg
Fat: 10g
Carbohydrates: 5g
Cholesterol: 110mg
Protein: 25g

Fiber: 0g

No comments:

Post a Comment