Thursday, August 9, 2012

couponing helps

I've found it difficult to eat healthy on a small budget, and I've heard others have had the same problem. Lately, I've tried couponing. I write my grocery list according to the sales ad, then I get coupons for those sale items. Some people think clipping coupons is a waste of time, not me. I spend a few minutes online at www.coupons.com to print coupons (up to 5 each). Plus, the local newspaper delivers the Sunday addition for $1 a week. You can also swap coupons with friends, give them the ones you don't use in exchange for the ones you need. Some stores will double the value of the coupon (check your local store for their rules). Sometimes our local store has days where you fill a brown bag in a certain section, and get all those items for 10-15% off. Those are the days I stock up on those items, and get as many coupons for them as possible. Plus with the money I save on those items, I'll have more money to spend on fresh produce and meat.

Our local grocery store just had a sale where you buy certain foods (ones that I had coupons for), and you got a free backpack and lunch bag. That helped save on school supplies

No comments:

Post a Comment