Sunday, September 22, 2013

weight loss prayer

“Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank you for the body you have given me.  I have gotten into the trap of focusing on all the things I wish could be different instead of thanking you for my blessings.
Lord, I repent of being abusive to my body.
I have over indulged on foods that weren’t good for me, unhealthily restricted my calories and went on various diets that I knew weren’t healthy for my body overall.
What I need to do is get off this crazy train. The cycles of wrong thinking, abuse and unhealthy habits has got to end.
I’m not even sure I know how to eat in a proper, balanced and healthy way.
Lord, please show me.  Give me the wisdom I need to take good care of the precious gift of life and this body you blessed me with.
I want a long and healthy life. Jesus came so I could have life and enjoy it to it’s fullest. Satan came to steal, kill and destroy.  By looking at my destructive habits, I see clearly that I have been agreeing with the enemy of my soul.
Lord, I repent of this.  Today, I am making a commitment to choose life in all that I do.
Please open my eyes to see where the root of this wrong thinking has come from.
I bind the demonic spirits of low-self esteem, pride, stubbornness and self-destruction right now.  You will no longer have dominion in my mind and body.
Lord, give me the wisdom that I have never tapped into before.  Lead me to the right books, support systems and healthy activities that will build my body up, not tear it down.
Open my eyes and heart to seeing myself in a balanced way.  If I am healthy, it doesn’t matter what the world’s standards of beautiful are.  I am beautiful to you. Help me to really understand that on the deepest levels so I will give up the need to fit into a standard that might cut my life short.
My body is the temple that the Lord resides in.  Satan would love to destroy God’s temple, especially one that is made in the image of God.
I am one of satan’s biggest enemies because I have separated myself as a Child of God. Help me to see clearly when I am starting fall for his lies of deception.
I commit to reading the Bible as often as you prompt my heart, Lord.  I will even write down and keep for myself the promises of long life and vitality to focus on.
When I am having a rough day, I will anchor my thoughts to your promises.  I will throw out every lie and vain imagination that the enemy will try to throw my direction.
I will remind myself that I am a child of God.  I have a responsibility to take good care of the vessel He lives in.
I cast out the spirit of guilt, condemnation and false humility that will try to make me turn back to my old habits with a false ‘godly’ justification.
It is not in God’s will for me to destroy myself.  From this day forward, I will not partner with satan on his plan to destroy me from the inside out.
I am your’s, Lord.  Thank you for loving me.  Help me to love myself.  Amen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment