Wednesday, March 14, 2012

baking

Someone in my weight loss class was looking for a not-so-naughty way of baking a birthday cake. Luckily, Hungry Girl came up with a 2-ingredient way of baking a low fat/cal cake. Just take the cake mix and add a can of diet soda, applesauce, can of pumpkin, etc. You can mix and match the cake mixes with what you're adding it with to experiment with different flavors. Sometimes I make choc-fudge with diet cherry soda for a bon-bon flavor. Today, I'm baking using this method to make devil's food cupcakes that I made with Greek yogurt. It tastes so chocolatey. I also found a light vanilla frosting recipe that's only 35 calories. Mix together 3/4 cup powdered sugar, 1/4 cup Splenda, 2 TBSP low-fat margrine, 1 1/2 tsp skim milk, and 1/4 tsp vanilla extract. I'm adding green food coloring for a St Patrick's Day theme. In the words of Mr Food, "Ooo, it's so good."

No comments:

Post a Comment