Thursday, October 1, 2020

Day 21

Ran a few errands today, got bills paid. Newest leg injury is making it even more difficult to be mobile. When I went to the ER after falling, I said both my left arm and left leg hurt. Doc only focused on my broken wrist. I begged him to check my leg too, but he thought it was just fat. Yes, I am fat. It hurt and felt wrong, but I was grateful he checked anything. Went to my primary doc last week, told her what happened and how it's been getting worse. By then my leg was swollen and leaking. She said someone would call to schedule an X-ray and ultrasound. This morning, I called her nurse and said nobody called. She said it's because the doc signed the order but never submitted it. I asked politely if they would do so, my leg's really bad now. It's swollen even more, it's extremely heavy, it's leaking out of more places, and I can feel fluid sloshing around in there. She put it through and gave me the number for scheduling. I called. That lady said setting up an appointment won't be the problem. The problem is, doc used a code that means "non-medical issue". In other words, insurance won't cover it. I called my doctor's nurse back and told her what the lady said about the code. I said I want to dispute it. A little bit later, the scheduling lady called back, said it was fixed, and scheduled the appointment for next Friday. I really don't need anything else delaying my goals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment