Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Day 13

It was a crazy day. Had an appointment for a follow-up from my endoscopy. When scheduling this, I was told to go to their clinic. I'm thinking this will be a quick in/out, the only thing is the travel time (an hour one way). I request transport through my insurance, and they arrange it with the provider. I was told pick up was at 8:00. I went down at 7:45. They guy didn't show up until 8:45. It's not bad since my check-in time is at 10:10. I asked the guy if we can make a bathroom stop, because it would take a long time for my to go all the way up to my apartment and back. He said, "You just want to get something to eat." Seriously, was that a fat comment? I said, "No, I really need to go to the bathroom." He said, "No. You're already behind schedule." Me? I was on time. So I held it for the hour ride, luckily. Got to the clinic, and they said my appointment is at the main hospital. I told the lady, "I was told to come here." She said, "That's OK. You can go to the hospital." After a half hour trying to get through to my insurance company, they approved my transport to the main hospital. Luckily, my driver decided to wait. I get to the hospital, now an hour late for my appointment. Turns out, they were well over an hour behind anyways. 
Talked to my GI doc. He's impressed with my weight loss so far, he asked how am I dealing with having Celiac. I said I noticed a difference in the diet change, feeling better. He's signing me up with a nutritionist to help me more, which I appreciate. He also said he wants me to get more tests done, as well as labs and a pneumonia shot. I am so grateful for that. 
Finally took the long ride back. Walked into a delicious smelling home. Chloe has tonight's pork chop dinner in the crock pot. 
I am sore and tired. Going to have my belated noon shake and relax until I dinner. Have a blessed day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment