Monday, September 14, 2020

Day 4 pt 2

Went to the wound clinic at the hospital. With all the COVID-19 precautions, there's practically an obstacle course I had to in order to prove I'm healthy enough to enter. My temperature was 96.5°. I think I'm good. Can't take the direct route anymore, there's separate waiting areas to sit until your room is ready. Gave me time to redo the paperwork. Even though medical transport picked me up early, I didn't have to wait long. Usually a "first visit" takes time, but I've been there before after my previous surgeries. We already know what works. The doctor ordered me supplies, and the nurse dressed my wound. 
Came home. Did my exercises. Ate some of last night's leftovers. Took my medicine. I'm laying on the couch playing on my cell. Stuart (my furry son) saw the wound dressing and laid down next to me on the ottoman. Iowa (and most people) don't count cats as therapy animals, but Stuart is always by my side when I'm hurting or sick. When my apnea was bad, he'd wake me up when I stopped breathing in my sleep. He's a keeper. Good night, all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment